What we do
At Niometrics, we provide network analytics solutions for Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to develop strategies and decisions for new digital businesses, customer experience management, and network planning and optimisation. We partner with some of the largest telecommunications providers in the world.
As we continue to grow, we cannot afford any setbacks from ourselves. Our Infra team builds, deploys and maintains the hardware and software components of Niometrics internal IT infrastructure. When servers, routers, workstations, applications, and other components need to be set up or fixed, we get the job done.
We build an infrastructure that delivers operational efficiencies and improves workplace performance while meeting dynamic business demands. We ensure the ongoing reliability, performance, and support of all IT systems within the company. We’ve seen how anything can fail at any time; yet we know how to respond with timely solutions.
We have our heart in people; eager to help and teach whenever they need us. We invite you to be part of our hard-working and highly driven team, and to collaborate closely with our internal teams to address their IT needs and challenges.
Your role as Infra Engineer
As Infra Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the infrastructure, and providing IT support.
Whether you’re building a whole IT network, setting up a PC or granting system access to your colleagues, you will need to provide the technological foundation for most of the day-to-day operations. You will need to showcase your teaching ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and provide them basic training on how to use softwares and hardwares.
Our internal IT systems are crucial to Niometrics’ daily operations. Whenever an infrastructure problem arises, and whatever it might be, you will be the master key who liaise with affected users, identify the problem, devise a solution, and implement the fix, timely and efficiently.
You will handle updates, upgrades, and other network components maintenance, and thrive for a more efficient, cost-effective, and secure network.
With operations across 3 continents, being part of our infra team means that you are a great communicator with an open mind for international and flexible working environment. Though working under regular business hours, certain technical support tasks may require you to travel, standby during non-working hours as well as work in shifts.
What we value
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hardware and software knowledge; LANs wired/wireless networks to connect routers, servers, workstations, printers, and other internal devices
- Familiarity with ticketing and other support software (such as JIRA and Confluence)
- Knowledge of Linux-based servers and associated hardware
- Proficient in virtualisation platform such as KVM and VMware
- Experience with web servers, databases, automation/configuration management and version control systems — bash/python scripting is a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills with a customer-centric mindset
- Strong problem-solving and organisation skills
- Certification under Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) is not mandatory but will be considered as a strong advantage