What we do
We invite you to be part of our ambitious, close-knit team creating systems for large customers who need to crunch through Tbps of data in real-time. Our competitive advantage lies in performance-oriented software engineering vs. server sprawl in our customers’ data centres.
Our data processing pipeline starts with our proprietary NCORE engine (capable of pattern matching 5M patterns at 100Gb/s per 2RU), and ends with a declarative aggregation system. It empowers our analysts and helps us respond on-demand to the most complex customer requirements.
In the process, we leverage industry-standard tools, the full power of Linux, and powerful in-house software to achieve maximum performance, flexibility, and data integrity.
We know the devil is in the details. You will help us improve our scalability, efficiency, and time to market, by improving data processing pipelines, parallelising and instrumenting complex workflows, squeezing more performance from in-house and off-the-shelf tools, and automating developer services, including CI, testing, and QA deployments.
We work end-to-end. You will cooperate with our Analytics, API, and Web teams and developer system administrators, to automate developer workflows, test and build systems, and conduct performance monitoring.
Your role as DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be expected to bridge the gap between the software development and infrastructure teams.
You will be responsible for improving development and QA efficiency ― by automating common tasks, setting up services and systems for developing, testing, monitoring, and continuous integration, and coming up with creative solutions to development infrastructure needs.
You will handle fine-tuning of software installations to achieve maximum performance, investigating OS and system level performance improvements, applying software configuration changes on a large scale, and automating software configuration management.
You will collaborate with our developers and QA teams in order to timely deliver solutions that are reliable, reusable, and extendable, and to optimise and upgrade existing systems and processes.
What we value
- Proficiency in Linux-based systems and development tools
- Proficiency in profiling Linux systems/applications
- Strong understanding of server orchestration, automation tools and configuration principles
- Proficiency in networking protocols
- Proficiency in shell scripting (bash) and Python programming
- Proficiency with database management and configuration
- Strong experience in virtualisation hosts configuration
- Experience in Postgres/Ansible, Docker, Zabbix, Splunk or similar tools will be a plus
- Proficiency with database management and configuration will be a plus
- Excellent communication, teamwork skills and “can-do” attitude